To provide services to children and families living with autism, developmental disabilities, and behavioral needs in Central Iowa.
To assess the whole child by using developmentally appropriate assessment tools and evidence-based treatment methods in order to develop and implement comprehensive, effective, and personalized treatment.
* INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP ABA THERAPY * SPEECH THERAPY * OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY * EARLY INTERVENTION * SOCIAL SKILLS GROUPS * PLAYGROUPS * PARENT AND CAREGIVER TRAINING * PARENT SUPPORT GROUP *
Axis will be starting a Parent Group on Tuesday evening, June 11th from 6:45-7:45.
At our first meeting, we will be asking for suggestions for topics of interest and need so that we can plan out meaningful meetings each month. Here are some of our ideas so far:
· Book suggestions and educational resource recommendations for parents
· Introduction of the I.E.P. and navigating the process
· Doctor and Dentist Recommendations
· Assistance with funding and grants for services
· Information on additional services that are available or therapies that could benefit your child
· The importance of self-care for parents and caregivers
· Respite Services (Navigating Medicaid and exploring more available options available)
· Diet and Nutrition
· Tips and a roadmap for newly diagnosed
· Educating immediate family and friends about your child’s diagnosis
· WetStops, Door alarms, ID bracelets
· Breaking routines/habits (pacifiers, sippy cups, etc.)
· Potty training
Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Registered Behavior Technician
Speech Language Pathologist
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org